Coloma Outdoor Discovery School
Program Information: (530) 621-2298
Reservations: (530) 957-9002
Fax: (530) 621-3572
1. From Sacramento, take Highway 50 east towards South Lake Tahoe.
2. After about 30 miles take exit #37 (Ponderosa/North Shingle Road).
3. Turn left over Highway 50, and then turn right at the light onto North Shingle Road.
4. Follow North Shingle Road about 5 1/2 miles. North Shingle Road becomes Lotus Road.
5. Follow Lotus Road about 6 miles until it ends at Highway 49.
6. Turn right on Highway 49 and drive 3/4 mile to Mt. Murphy Road just past the Sutter’s Mill Gold Discovery Site.
7. Take a left onto Mt. Murphy Road and cross over the one-lane bridge.
8. As soon as you cross over the one-lane bridge, Coloma Outdoor Discovery School is on your right.
9. Drive Safe!
MT. MURPHY BRIDGE LIMITATIONS FOR RVS AND BUSES:
Max Height: 13’ 6”
Max Weight for 2 Axle vehicles: 14 Tons (28,000 pounds)
Max Weight for 3 Axle vehicles: 21 Tons (42,000 pounds)